Saturday, March 24, 2012

SISTERHOOD MOTHER'S DAY HOP!



Hey all!! Happy Saturday to you! The weekend is HERE! Woohoo!! And? It is AWESOME weather to boot! Thanks for stopping by!! Today is an EXCITING Saturday, because it is the Stampin' Sisterhood's Mother's Day HOP! Now, as I am sure you know.........Mother's Day is NOT only for Mother's, right? Of course NOT!! Mother's Day is to celebrate that person who is SPECIAL to you too!! The Sisterhood has put together some creations to inspire you! We are SO glad you could join us. I have the HOP details below and if you follow them? You could win a Rubbernecker STAMP SET of your choice! Pretty NICE, right?! Don't forget that we will have ANOTHER hop for you NEXT month and our Sisterhood Sunday Challenges that you won't want to miss!
Ok, a LITTLE about my creation, before you go. I used a direct to paper technique, to create my background. To make this happen, I ran distress ink right across the Kraft cardstock! My teammate Ellen did this a BIT ago? And I HAD to try it!! Thanks for the inspiration Ellen! After that was done I stamped my image and sentiment with Tuxedo Memento Ink. I finished the card off with some distressed charcoal Twinery Twine and Perfect Pearls mist! The Twine was distressed with Spun Sugar distress ink; the mist was made with Biscotti Perfect Pearls and water, in a mini mister! I added some extra photos, hoping to show you the effect? However, I don't know that they do the sparkly mist any justice!! Haha! Hope you enjoyed your stop here and now you must follow the ROUTE below to your next destination!! Have FUN!! Until I see you again.............................ENJOY LIFE!!

HOP DETAILS:

-Follow the route below
-Leave some love at each stop
-Go back to the Sisterhood Blog and let them know you have hopped.
-You could win a stamp set of your choice.
-The winner will be announced at the Sisterhood Blog on 3/30!

BONUS ENTRY:

-As a bonus we will draw an EXTRA winner for a STAMP SET of their choice, just for sharing our HOP on their Facebook page or Blog!!
-After you have SHARED, just go back to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog and let us know where you have SHARED our HOP!!
-That winner will also be announced on 3/30 at the Sisterhood Blog!

HOP ROUTE:


MY CREATION:
RN Floral Silhouettes Set SKU:467 (sentiment), RN Dandelion Garden Border SKU:540-02, Kraft Pre-Made Cards,Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Mulled Lavender Distress Ink,Worn Lipstick Distress Ink,Mister with Biscottie Perfect Pearls,Charcoal Twinery Twine distressed with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


36 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous background Jacquie! I can see the sparkle, Beautifully done! Have a fabulous day!

craftymom205 said...

Love this card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Great technique!

C said...

Lots of interest here, Jacquie. The background is really beautiful!

Basslady said...

absolutely striking and beautiful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a cool technique and beautiful background, Jacquie! I love how you tied your twine.

Indy's Designs said...

An amazing card!

Suzanne said...

I love this stamp.

Vicki Dutcher said...

DIP is one of my most favorite techniques! Makes for wonderful silhouette cards!

Brenda said...

what a fun sparkly card!

gaijinjoy said...

What a stylish card! Interesting, eye-catching design.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love cards like this..wonderful backgrounds that stand alone without much else needed. But what you did add makes it even better. Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Wonderful background. Nice job.

Julia Aston said...

Pretty inking technique for your background Jacquie - love the fluffy blooms and the layered twine!

Kittie said...

Jacquie, what a great background for the image. Lovely, lovely card.

Bev Gerard said...

Wow! The shimmer background must be amazing IRL! What a beauty, Jacquie!

~Bev

Darlene Gabriel said...

Very pretty - I really like this direct to paper background technique. Wonderful sentiment.

Heather said...

What a cute quick and easy card! That dandelion stamp is so cute. They are so much more enjoyable as a stamp than in your yard. : ) Great card.

silvia said...

Pretty card! LOVE the dandelions!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh I love the background and I NEED that sentiment stamp - I say that to my hubby all the time! Super job!

Caitiumom said...

Cute dandelion stamp. Nice card

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Jacquie!!!! The background you created is perfect for the silhouettes and I love the addition of the twine!!!

Karen said...

Jacquie, this is a lovely creation. I like how you used the silhouette over the three different colors.

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

When I saw this card, I said, "How'd she do that background?" Thanks for the tut! You chose the perfect stamps. What you did with the twine was amazing to produce the perfect effect!
--Rosetta

Karenladd said...

Love these dandelions and that gorgeous gradient background! So pretty!

Lyneen said...

LOVE THE COLORS that you used for the background... great technique. Thanks for sharing. I am now following!

Kecia said...

Really cool effect on the kraft, Jacquie! Nicely done!

Bernie said...

Gorgeous! Great technique!
Hugs

louk said...

I really enjoy clean and simple cards and your card fit the bill! I loved the colors on the kraft paper. Thanks for sharing it!

Sue D said...

Great card--I like how you inked the cardstock.

Jo4Him said...

Great card; love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Rozema said...

What an awesome background! So pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the Dandelion Border stamp!
DeniseB

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Your use of the Dandelions really made this card so clean and simple, yet Beautiful too!!

disneylisa said...

Another seemingly simple technique I need to remember to try.

mskasav said...

I love the texture you created with this technique :)